Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reggie Vegie Meals

Being vegetarian is a health move I've wanted to make for a while. For one, I don't seem to digest meat that well and then there's also the whole eating animals issue. Yep, old age has changed me.

So it's now been three weeks since I've eaten red meat or chicken. A few experiments with seafood didn't go so well, so it's now been a week since I've eaten any animal and I'm feeling much better again. Phew.

When I first started my journey to becoming a full time vegetarian I was a little overwhelmed with what I would cook. When you have two toddlers, two fussy toddlers, basing an entire meal each and every day on vegetables is a hard task. But with a little persistance, I have found lots of vegetarian recipes that I'm eager to try.


Here's an example of this week's meal plan:
MON - Turkish Tofu Koftas
TUE - Vegetarian Cottage/Shepherd's Pie
WED - Zuchini & Ricotta Fritters
THUR - Spinach & Broccoli Soup
FRI - NO FUSS FRIDAY!
SAT - Cottage Rolls (vego sausage rolls)
SUN - Cashew Nut Roast with Apricot Stuffing

I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with dishes like these. I've found my transition to a sugar free diet a little harder. I'm currently reading 'The Sweet Poison Quit Plan' by David Gillespie. I'll keep you posted on my sugar free success.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That must be a challenge - all power to you. I must say, I struggle to get the pixies to eat their bolognese sauce (their only form of meat) sometimess, too so they're pretty much vego without my realising it. They do eat their fish fingers, however - ugh. I'm going to do some posts on their eating - I had no idea something as basic as food would prove such a challenge for me. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fair to say most mums have a bit of a battle around dinner time! I'll hopefully be posting soon about making meal times a little easier.
    In the meantime, I think I'll start putting together my own Family Friendly Vegetarian Recipe book!

    ReplyDelete